Salisbury Stingrays is recruiting for a part time head coach with a performance coaching background. We are a thriving Swim 21 accredited club based in Salisbury, Wiltshire with one masters and 5 junior competitive squads, with some swimmers competing at national level.
The head coach position requires an enthusiastic, committed and experienced individual available to commit to the position of leading the club. Your proven coaching experience across all levels of swimming is important, but so too is your ability to effectively communicate and develop relationships with all club members, parents and volunteers. Your professionalism and integrity with regards to representing the club will be unquestionable.
Qualifications and Experience
UKCC/ASA Level 3 swimming coach.
Experienced UKCC/ASA Level 2 coaches making significant progress towards the level 3 qualification will also be considered.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate a proven track record of coaching at all levels up to and including national level.
Competitive salary reflecting experience and hourly commitment. Out of pocket expenses are paid in addition.
How to apply
For further information and a full job description, please email mrch...@gmail.com
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for office and poolside interviews in June.
We currently have a link on the right hand side of the pages to SRS Leisure who sell the merchandise for the SW Regional competitions.
By using the link you will need to register your details in order to purchase from them.
At last years AGM, our current Chair, Melanie Cusack, announced that she will be stepping down at the end of this year. The Club needs to find a new Chair as soon as possible to facilitate a suitable hand over by the next AGM. The description of the ASA’s view of the role of the Chair is set out below.
Note that running our open meets is not necessarily a role for the Chair and Melanie will continue to fill this role. As such, she will be available to provide support to the new Chair if required.
If you are interested in the role, or know someone who you think would be a good chair, please contact Melanie or any committee member for further information.
Role of the Chair
To lead the club in pursuit of its objectives and to be responsible for the overall control and management of all club activities.
- Enthusiastic with a good knowledge of the sport and club
- Well organised and able to delegate
- Ability to control meetings
- Confident at public speaking
- To chair and control the meetings of the management committee
- To be involved, where appropriate, in the coordination of all club activities
- Oversee decisions made by the management and sub committees
- Oversee the work of officers and other club personnel
- In conjunction with the secretary present the annual report
- In conjunction with the treasurer present the annual accounts
- Consult with the secretary on the content of the agenda and minutes of meetings
- Keep up to date on ASA laws, regional rules and club constitution
- Ensure that statutory documents and other returns are filed on time
- Advise the treasurer on the use and investment of club funds
- Report to the officers of the Executive Committee at the first opportunity of any instant decisions taken, and ensure that all policy decisions are ratified by the Executive Committee
The demands of this role depend upon the support provided by other club officers and appropriate use of effective policies. Dealing with issues as and when they arise plus club requirements i.e. events and club Executive meetings
Benefits to Self
Contribution to ensuring a safe and well-managed club
Stingrays is no longer targeting the Swindon dolphins meet at the start of March. Instead we are targeting the Tigersharks Level 3 meet two weeks later, the same weekend at the Millfield Level 1.
Our website Calendar can be linked to your phone/device for information on the latest changes.
The SportSys time converter is now embedded into our website. An easy tool to convert long course (50M) to short Course (25M) and vice versa.
Warm Up Schedules have been updates for:
Wiltshire Championships Long Distance
Wiltshire-championship sessions 7 8 10 13
Please see the Wilts Swimming website here
The results of the counties have been published online, please see our results page which is kept up to date with result announcements.